Trump intends to undo DACA, the Obama initiative that protected people under 18 who were brought to the US by undocumented immigrants. Protecting them would require new legislation by Congress.
- Contact Senators and tell them to co-sponsor the bipartisan “DREAM Act” (S. 1615)
- Contact Reps and tell them to co-sponsor American Hope Act (H.R. 3591), give those with DACA and others who arrived in the United States as children a path to permanent legal status and eventual citizenship.
Protecting the 2018 elections from Russian Hackers
- Russians succeeded in compromising more than 20 state systems.
- Fewer than 12 states showed evidence of attempts to delete or alter voter-roll info.
- Fewer than 12 showed evidence of attempts to download voter-roll info.
- But even if it’s only 3 or 4 states, that’s enough to undermine public trust in the election process and outcome.
Contact Senators Murray and Cantrell to urge them to support Sen. Lobuchar’s “Helping State and Local Governments Prevent Cyber Attacks Act” (S. 1510). Among other things, it would
- Refund the Election Assistance Commission (EAC) that Trump wants to defund.
- Provide $325 million to states to
- improve election infrastructure
- expand voting opportunities and
- strengthen cyberprotections.
Sen. Patty Murray: 206-553-5545 or Contact Sen. Murray online
Sen. Maria Cantwell: 206-220-6400 or Contact Sen. Cantwell online
Rep. Susan DelBene: 202-225-6311 or Contact Rep. DelBene online
Rep. Pramila Jayapal: 202-225-3106 or Contact Rep. Jayapal online
Rep. Rick Larsen: 202-225-2605 or Contact Rep. Larsen online
Rep. Adam Smith: 202-225-8901 or Contact Rep. Smith online
Rep. Derek Kilmer: 202-225-5916 or Contact Rep. Kilmer online
Rep. Dave Reichert: 202-225-3106 or Contact Rep. Reichart online